www.ConsumerPatrol1.com Forum Index www.ConsumerPatrol1.com
A place to discuss your experiences as a consumer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

do you want to make a complaint? emails don't work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ConsumerPatrol1.com Forum Index -> Tell It Like It Is!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
protest

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:48 pm    Post subject: do you want to make a complaint? emails don't work Reply with quote

Don't try to make a complaint by email. it doesn't work. it's the way of those who are behind bad service to get rid of you.
From my experience, I emailed London Underground a complaint few weeks ago without any success. all I've got was:
Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your email.

We would like to inform you that currently we are dealing with an
unprecedented volume of correspondence. We will reply to your query as soon
as possible.

We would like to thank you for your patience during this busy period.

Yours sincerely

Andrew Chillingsworth
Emails Manager
London Underground Customer Service Centre

the same by the way with Fedex.

If you want to make a successful complaint, call the company and ask for the Chairman ONLY! it will work.
siennabright

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:22 am    Post subject: I agree Reply with quote

I am a Website designer, and I can tell you that you got an "autoresponder" -- the equivalent of a form letter. Autoresponders are just as the name implies: Prewritten emails that go out automatically in response to any message sent to a given email address. Chances are good that a human hasn't yet lain eyes on the msg you sent. At best, they'll get to it. At worst...well...you know. IMHO, email is too easily discarded and isn't the best medium for complaints.
Tim White (K9 Capers)

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here here.... Although with my company, the volume of spam mails entering the system every day is often the cause for the delays we experience in getting back to our customers for any reason. That is a whole new story though.

I find that a typed letter to the MD works the best as with telephone contact, the people on the front line are trained to protect the management who are seemingly ALWAYS in meetings. The letter may take longer to get through, but should a follow up be required, attaching a copy of the first letter you sent (showing that you are keeping records) will always get a faster response. Surprised
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ConsumerPatrol1.com Forum Index -> Tell It Like It Is! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: