www.ConsumerPatrol1.com Forum Index www.ConsumerPatrol1.com
A place to discuss your experiences as a consumer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HOSE PIPE BAN? ASK FOR A REFUND!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ConsumerPatrol1.com Forum Index -> Tell It Like It Is!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlcole

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: HOSE PIPE BAN? ASK FOR A REFUND!!! Reply with quote

If you live in London, or the surrounding counties who have a hose pipe ban imposed and are not on a water meter you are subject to £1000 fine if you are found to be using a hose...WELL if you pay a yearly rate then your rate is accessed by the value of your property BUT.... why should YOU pay for something YOU CANNOT HAVE.
I am on a water meter and when I first started with the meter my bill was £10 a month (I was paying over £30 a month un metered)
The second year it went up to £15 which was ok. My daughter came to stay with me and alot of guests through out the year and this year I was sent a revised payment notice to say my monthly bill would be £27.
I called up Thames Water and asked how they came to this amount. They told me It was a forward projection for the following year based on my past useage. I told them that my useage was slightly higher for a few months with guests coming and going BUT when I was assessed each year it was including the "seasonal useage" I reminded them and asked them how could they assess my water useage baswd on the past rwo year WHEN I WAS USING AND ALLOWED TO USE A HOSEPIPE TO WATER MY GARDEN and THAT service was withdrawn and if anything THEY OWED ME MONEY!!!!
I told them I would NOT pay the £28 per month...I would pay them £18.00 a month . which they accepted!!! I also reminded them that if they imposed further bans and made me use a stand pipe then their revenue, would be NIL.
SO..........If you pay by meter...RE NEGIOATE . If you pay an annual charge based on value of your property....ASK FOR A REFUND as some of your allowed service has been withdrawn.
Until companies like Thames Water stop all the waste of water through leaks and remind themdelves that Thames Water is owner by a German or Dutch company (they dont have water bans there) and that if they withdraw more services, they will lose out on YOUR revenue as you will only pay for what you get or can have...not for their mistakes and their leaks so time for all those companies to get their act together dont ya think????
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ConsumerPatrol1.com Forum Index -> Tell It Like It Is! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: