www.ConsumerPatrol1.com Forum Index www.ConsumerPatrol1.com
A place to discuss your experiences as a consumer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MATCH.CON ....NOT MATCH.COM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ConsumerPatrol1.com Forum Index -> Tell It Like It Is!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlcole

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: MATCH.CON ....NOT MATCH.COM Reply with quote

A friend of mine subscribed to Match.com and had no luck at all...in fact the matches who tried to contact her were not even reading the profile requests. Even you men who "wanted kids" were winking at her (she is 57...kids...dont think so!!!)
They advertise that if you do not find your match the will give you 6 months free.....well not ony have they not done this...they have taken another 6 months subscription off her credit card WITHOUT her authoization or without even contacting her. She has asked them to replace the money and they have replied they do not give refunds!!!!!.
I dont think this is a refund...more like a refund of a rip off.
She has passed it over to Barclaycard as a complaint and unauthorized transaction but people BEWARE of this unconventional and unfair practice!!
If Match.com does not refund the money I will let all of you know..until then Watch this space!!!

A word of warning you guys and gals out there, apparently in the terms and conditions when you sign up to this company, it tells you they will automatically RENEW you subscription (and debit you account AUTOMATICALLY..?).. Well it is a bit worrying that any company can hold on to your card/debit/or bank account details and use it when they like!!!
I was under the impression companies were not allowed to hold these details on their data base...This is scary ! Anyway, My friend has received a email from Match.com stating they had reviewed the case and were issung a "partial" refund and charging her for only one month, and have asked her to confirm this acceptance. Her reply is that NO she is not accepting it as she did not authorize anything (even though they have referred her back to the terms and conditions) and called them today as they had not replied to the email. She was told it has been passed to their "executive team" and she was unable to comment further. So WATCH THIS SPACE for the outcome which will be posted as soon as it comes to light. And for the record, if anyone from the Match.com team is reading this...its up to you how the next episode presents itself . Remember good news travels fast, bad news even faster!!!
dlcole

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WELL...You will be please to know my friend got her refund from Match.com after a long hard struggle. So be sure you notify them to cancel when you no longer wish to be a member and HEY>>>what about their 6 months free offer if you dont find a mate in the first six months??? Well she did not get it, just the refund amd she needed Barclaycards help in getting a refund>
Shame on you Match.com Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ConsumerPatrol1.com Forum Index -> Tell It Like It Is! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: