www.ConsumerPatrol1.com Forum Index www.ConsumerPatrol1.com
A place to discuss your experiences as a consumer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Home Shopping/Supermarket

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ConsumerPatrol1.com Forum Index -> Tell It Like It Is!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Girlie Guest

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject: Home Shopping/Supermarket Reply with quote

I dont know about any one else but I keep having terrible getting around Sainsburys and Asda web site shopping. It seems to take forever to get correct items and then have them delivered exactly as you have ordered. They sent UHT milk instead fresh Milk and seem to substitute alot. Over Christmas I hear it was a nightmare. I need some advice here. Who is the best for "getting it right" Asda??? Sainsburys? Acado (Waitrose)? Tesco???

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only tried Sainsburys and Tesco. My first and only experience of Sainsburys was a fiasco.

I had ordered to be delivered Friday morning. By Friday evening I had phoned twice and all I was told was that there was a delay. At least Tesco have mobile phones and do keep you informed if they are delayed and how long.

Eventually I was told that they cannot deliver until Saturday morning. I told them not to bother because I was going out to do my shopping as I needed some of the stuff now. I went shopping, came home and found that Sainsburys had delivered and left all the bags in the porch. This made me very angry, but I had no problem getting my money back.

With Tesco I find they are very good if you want a small amount. But with a delivery charge of £5/6 it is not very economical to just get a £25 order.

When it comes to large orders they seem to go to pieces. Many substitutions, although I have found that common sense has been used and the substitutions have been acceptable, but that is up to the individual who is doing the shopping.

I have found on nearly every occasion I get a bag which is not mine and they have mislaid or given someone else one of my bags. When I have phoned to complain they have credited me with the amount for the products not delivered and have said that I can keep the bag which was not mine.

The staff are helpful and friendly but if you still have to go out shopping for stuff it defeats the object. They are also very good at telling you if they are going to be later, and even phoned to tell me they are on their way.

So I will only use them in an emergency and with the most basic of foods, and not too big an oder.

Asda doesn't deliver near me and someone told me Iceland has stopped online shopping.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ConsumerPatrol1.com Forum Index -> Tell It Like It Is! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: