www.ConsumerPatrol1.com Forum Index www.ConsumerPatrol1.com
A place to discuss your experiences as a consumer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BANKS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ConsumerPatrol1.com Forum Index -> Tell It Like It Is!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jack

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: BANKS Reply with quote

Banks have somehow managed to make their services almost impossible to live without (i.e having a bank account at all).
They entice you to join them and then treat you as if they are doing you a favour. Particulary when they send you a letter asking for a debt to be repaid coupled with an advert for a loan!!!
I nominate Natwest bank for creating the image of customer service but, once your a customer, a dictator of policy at your expense.
Who else could possibly charge £30 for a computer generated letter. They should advise you of the charge beforehand, not wait to profit from it.
I now use Barclays, but, alas, it is the same! The only difference is now I can anticipate it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Ts and Cs ALWAYS advise you of charges (they have to by law)... if there are changes to policy you are notified by post... maybe you threw them in the bin without reading them??????

of course... running your account within its means would make your post unnecessary anyway Very Happy

by the way, the abbreviation for "you are" is "you're", NOT "your"
Girlie Guest

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: Banks Reply with quote

Hey, come on....sometimes you have to go into the red just to get by now and then. True..Banks usually do let you know the charges for different things but one tends to glance over the "small print" expecting not to ever get in the situation that causes over draft charges or the like. When you are in that situation it is worse by also getting charges which puts you further in the red!!!! Some banks are less sympethetic and some really try to help. I don't know about anyone else but it is nice to hear about who helps and who does not. May make a differance in choices you may have to make later Wink

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bank (Barclayse) put me in the red because of their accounting system. On the same day I put in some money, and later in the day I had to withdraw some.

When I got my statement they had charged me six months fee, because I had gone in the red for a few hours on that day.

But I should not have been in the red, I put money in first. However they said their banking system is to deal with money out first and then money in.

So my account went in the red and then back in the black with that stupid system, instead of doing transactions as they are done.

Needless to say I kicked up such a fuss. I told them that if my money had been in a building society for six months, the BS would be paying me (interest). After discussions with the manager they let me off, but told me not to do it again. Cheeky I thought.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ConsumerPatrol1.com Forum Index -> Tell It Like It Is! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: