www.ConsumerPatrol1.com Forum Index www.ConsumerPatrol1.com
A place to discuss your experiences as a consumer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shopping Channel Products... Heaven or Hell

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ConsumerPatrol1.com Forum Index -> Tell It Like It Is!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlcole

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: Shopping Channel Products... Heaven or Hell Reply with quote

Confused I have two issues to discuss. First A PRODUCT WARNING!!
Ordered spray tan product Golden Secret which is an air brush tan which arrives with tanning solution, air cannister and air brush assembly. In the TV ad it says Easy to use, dries instantly and does not stain clothes and you can dress immediately. Upon watching the * on product arrival it tells you to stand in the bath when applying to avoid staining, try not to move for 5 minutes and aid drying with a hair drier and wear loose clothing for 12 hours!!!!! The tanning product keeps falling off the air brish assembly unless you hold on to it tightly( making applying the product difficult) and the first air cannisters top BLEW off narrowly missing my face and when I reported this faulty I was sent another one which the top blew again causing the valve to stick and I was faced with an escape of all the compressed air in my bathroom. When I tried to put the top back on while trying to stop the fast spray of air, the cannister froze causing icing up and near burning my fingers. I sent the product back with a letter and a phone call and was promised an explaination from the manufacturer with in a few days.I have heard nothing. Please beware and stay clear this product or the like as compressed air is dangerous in its own right but the experiance I suffered not one but twice with this Golden Secret is one I will not forget easily. Very scary!!!
The second issue is the company Guthey Renker who sell ,on the shopping channel, several products (Princpal Secret and the most recent Youthful Essance) Every time I use this company, my orders get lost, the replacements never arrive, they never call you back, you can never get through to customer service and when you do you get the same run around. I have been waiting for a product for over two months. First my card was not processed correctly and only me calling them chasing my order 3 weeks later, was I informed. I reordered and three weeks later was told it had been sent out and to wait two more weeks then call and I would get a replacement sent. I have done this three times and to this date nearly 10mweeks later...still no product. I am calling yet again tomorrow to CANCEL and ask for a refund onto my card. Their advertisements on the product and the product presentation is great..Their customer service is one of the worst going..My advice stay clear. Now over to you. Do YOU shop on the several shopping channels??
What are the products like and are they what you expected?? What sort of customer service standard do you receive??? Please.. Lets hear from you! Smile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:07 pm    Post subject: Another Shopping Channel Rip Off!!! Reply with quote

Sad I recently purchased three products on the Vitality Channel (Satelite Shopping Channel) and paid for each item £23.99 plus £4.95 for postage for EACH item. The total altogether was just over £72.00!!! I have had these products (Matrxyl and Wrinkle Defense Serum) for ONLY three weeks and two days ago I saw them offered on their sister channel Ideal World...all three for £19.99 plus £4.95 postage for the set!!!.......That is a £50 differance!!!
I emailed the company asking them to justify changing the price etc and they have not bothered to to even reply.
Although the products are good, how can they justify the cost differance in just a few weeks. What a RIP OFF!!!!!
dlcole

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: UPDATE!!!!! Ofcom stops company from advertising product Reply with quote

Recently you may have read about the trouble I had experienced with the instant tanning product Golden Secret mentioned on this forum. Well I contacted Ofcom and they investigated and they upheld the complaint.
They stated that the product drying time advertised greatly differed from the REAL drying time and that the advertising differed from the REAL information which was given on the * which came with the product. They also stated that the advertising did not show the cannister continually standing in the cold water yet the * instructed the cannister to remain in the cold water. Various other discrepencies were also noted in respect to what was advertised and what was instructed in the * which you did not get to view until AFTER you made your purchase!!!
They upheld my complaint and forbid them to advertise this product again until the advertisement was changed .
SO.... The next time you find a product not to be as advertise...go to Ofcom and speak up. These companies must stop trying to fool the public
Very Happy
dlcole

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:19 am    Post subject: Ideal world Reply with quote

Please visit my comments in the tellitlikeitis section under 'Yet another product failure from Ideal world' Rolling Eyes ...you'll love this one
dlcole

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Did you know.....????????? Reply with quote

When you visit a shopping channel and you decide to but or try a product because the channel offers you a "a try it for 30 or 60 days a return it if you are not completely satisfied" return it for a full refund slogan?
So you send off for it and pay the postage and package (which is not refundable if you return the product)
If you decide not to keep it what happens next:???
Well I purchased two products from Thane Direct. One was Sudden Lift and the other was California Beauty slimming pants.
Well after trying the Sudden Lift I decided it was not as expected. I decided to re watch the advert on the channel. I noticed when they took the before picture, the model was slightly smiling(you can tell this if you look at the alienment of the features of the face at eye level) The after picture the model was not smiling which would result in a smoother skin. So I decided straight away that this product was not as it seemed and I decided to send it back. When I tried the California Beauty Slimming pants on with the dress I had hoped I would wear you could see the front seam which is on the pants as the dress was of a thin material and figure hugging. Fancy putting such a thick seam in the front!!! So back in the pack they went.
I then noticed... where was the returns label??? There wasn't one. So not only have I spent £4.00 plus £3.00 postage and packing (they came in the same box together and no discount for multiple orders) I now have to spend approx the same to return them. That means I have spent £10-£14 and have kept nothing!!! I will keep the box as I have paid for it and send them back in a brown padded envelope to hopefully have the postage reduced. So word of advice. If you want.. I mean really want something pay attention to the advert in great detail and note that you will pay something either way, whether you keep the item or you decide to send it back. The only way they will pay for the return postage is if the item is faulty. Can anyone recommend a shopping channel they have used that gives you a returns label if you are not completely satisfied???
Perhaps it would be a good idea to mention this on their advertising clearly ???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ConsumerPatrol1.com Forum Index -> Tell It Like It Is! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: