www.ConsumerPatrol1.com Forum Index www.ConsumerPatrol1.com
A place to discuss your experiences as a consumer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Marlborough Jeep - Car Dealer Service Experience

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ConsumerPatrol1.com Forum Index -> Tell It Like It Is!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mprotopsaltis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:51 am    Post subject: Marlborough Jeep - Car Dealer Service Experience Reply with quote

I purchased a new Chrysler Jeep some 6 years ago from Stephen James, based in Enfield. The car has been regularly serviced ever since. When S James gave up the dealership, I was sent in the post a couple of alternative dealers to consider. I chose Marlborough Jeep @ Isleworth. A bit of a trek from North London but no other real alternatives better.
I have had the car serviced and MOT'd @ Marlborough Jeep. the following happened:
1) Following the service we returned 3 separate times for the fan belt to be tightened and then loosened, finally changed, although changed during the service anyway.
2) When taken the car for its MOT, I reported that a dashboard light had blown and they took 2+ hours to fix it, as you need to remove the dashboard to change it!...about 10 days later the electrics on the dash fail!...mysteriously. I called them and taken the car in 2 days later as they could not see me straight away and when taken the car in, they could not fix it and asked to arrange to leave the car for a couple of days. This I did a few days later and when I picked it up I noticed that they had cracked and chipped the centre console wood laminate, possibly while refitting bits of the dashboard. I called immediately the customer service counter and reported the damage.
The next morning I went in and spoke to the Service supervisor, The Service Manager about the damage. They refused to acknowledge that they had caused it whilst offering no explanation as to how I could have done it. They also refused to elaborate on the standards of their practice, clearly evading any answers pointing to their negligence. Their manner was disrespectful and entirely customer unfriendly!
I have since spoken to the Group Customer Service Manager who agreed with me and openly said that he could not get a conclusive story from his staff and acknowledged that they have a duty of care when servicing a customer's vehicle and arranged for a repair to be carried out.
I am having this done this Thursday 12/8/04 and will keep you posted.
LESSON Learnt: Make sure you get one to go through the car when you give it in for service, pretty much like a rental car. This serves all not just you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ConsumerPatrol1.com Forum Index -> Tell It Like It Is! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: