www.ConsumerPatrol1.com Forum Index www.ConsumerPatrol1.com
A place to discuss your experiences as a consumer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SKY SATELITE SYSTEM REPAIR NIGHTMARE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ConsumerPatrol1.com Forum Index -> Tell It Like It Is!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlcole

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: SKY SATELITE SYSTEM REPAIR NIGHTMARE Reply with quote

I upgraded to SKY HD in August. I had to wait 4 months since the launch and was so pleased to have High Definition Sky broadcasting and Sky +
I even went and bought a new Samsung HD ready flat screen...LOVELY
It was noisy at first (the SKY HD BOX) but I called SKY and they said the HD box was a Hard drive and it would generate some noise.
Anyway the noise was so that I had to turn up the volume of the tv to drown it out and it kept shutting down, especialy annoying when you have programmed it to record and it fails half way through. I called and they said they would send engineer out (I had to wait two weeks) Also bear in mind it costs 7p a minute to call the 0870 prefix so I had already made several calls.
The engineer was to call me before 9 am to let me know when he was coming which he DID NOT and I had to call again (I was put on a hold for 6 minutes) and was told he would come between 1 and 4 pm.
WELL..He showed up and this man smelled so bad, I mean I had to open the back door while he changed the SKY HD BOX to a new one and he went about setting it all up but the link did not work upstairs and he told me I probably needed a new one ( HMMMMMMMMM I thought, since it is powered by the unit downstairs and was working before...that seemed strange)
I asked him to make sure my DVD recorder was connected correctly also.
Anyway...he seemed a bit unsure of a few things and whilst I was gagging for some nice smelling air, I was glad when he finally left!
Well I had to call SKY again and they talked me throuh some simple steps and PRESTO my link was working upstairs ( another 7p per minute call) THEN I had to call them again because my DVD player was connected wrong and I complained about the engineer smelling so bad and they called the SUB CONTRACTOR and I was promised they , because of the situation, would send a supervisior over tomorrow and he would call before 9 am to let me know his arrival. WELL...YUP you guessed it...no call and I had to call SKY AGAIN and explain AGAIN and Jackie at SKY , Bless YOU Jackie, finally got a hold of the engineer company called Custom Entertainment, who sub contracts out work for satelite installs and repairs, but had to get permission to CALL ME BACK , which she did, and they are coming here today at between 3 and 6 pm.
Jackie from SKY put in a complaint from me to their customer service and also a complaint from her because she spent a long time trying to get through to CustomAdvertising to help me.
So I suggest SKY change their policy and allow the customer service people to call you back when there is such a problem like this one and to review their arrangements with this Custom Entertainment to review their employees hygiene standards (afterall they are acting on behalf of SKY TV and they should be of a standard expected as they are visiting peoples homes) and to also review their work practices.
I will let you know any new developments but I will also email SKY to have a look at this site and my comments and hope they take notice that some things need to change especially now that they are doing broadband installs and telephone calls (SKY TALK) and that their sub contractors should be monitored. And that their customer service should be more user friendly. There is no need to have a telephone exchange that costs so much per minute nor is there no reason why they cannot call someone back if the situation warrants it
SKY...your comments are welcome here.

January 17 New edition to this story:
I got a call from a very concerned lady at Custom Entertainment who told me she has spoken to the tech regarding his personal hygiene and apolozied for the incident and assured me they took this very seriously. Thank You Custom Entertainment for that. They also asked me why I did not call them direct when I realized there was a problem so they sould have responded straight away. I told them SKY would NOT give me their number, saying they were not allowed. Interesting!!!! SKY any comment on this????
They sent a tech over and he rectified the problem that the other guy missed and left undone but still no word from SKY . I emailed their customer services FEEDBACK department so watch this space and we will see.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ConsumerPatrol1.com Forum Index -> Tell It Like It Is! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: