www.ConsumerPatrol1.com Forum Index www.ConsumerPatrol1.com
A place to discuss your experiences as a consumer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IKEA : Your comments please!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ConsumerPatrol1.com Forum Index -> Tell It Like It Is!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlcole

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject: IKEA : Your comments please!!!! Reply with quote

I think many of you have different view on IKEA but I have to say, mine are mixed to say the least.
Last night I went to IKEA and tried to buy a desk chair but the one I wanted had a label on it saying "out of stock" when I asked when they would be in one chap said he thinks 11 days, the other one I asked said it apeared there was no date. I asked if I could place an order and he said no just call in 11 days and see if they are in stock and then come down and get one but if there is less then 11 in stock when you call, dont bother coming as they will be gone when you get here!!! Yes..HE REALLY SAID THAT!!!! I asked if I could have the display one but was refused.."we only sell display items if they have been discontinued"
As I walked about the store I saw "my chair" again and again and AGAIN at different parts of the store. I asked another guy why were all of these chairs out if they were out of stock???? His reply was that they are being used by staff for people to sit on when they plan their kitchens etc.
Now these chairs are worth £49.99 and there was at LEAST 15 being "Used" in one department alone. This is not rocket science to calculate thats AT LEAST £749 they are "sitting on" I am going to call IKEA head office for their views...I will keep you posted
Another thing is have you ever tried to return goods to IKEA!!!!! What a nightmare that is...sometimes you have over an hour wait. What is that all about???
I know IKEA is world wide so please can I have some of your comments re their service , good, bad or just plain ugly!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ConsumerPatrol1.com Forum Index -> Tell It Like It Is! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: