www.ConsumerPatrol1.com Forum Index www.ConsumerPatrol1.com
A place to discuss your experiences as a consumer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Read this before you take out payment protection insurance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ConsumerPatrol1.com Forum Index -> Tell It Like It Is!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlcole

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Read this before you take out payment protection insurance Reply with quote

If you have decided to take out a loan and worried you may become unemployed or fall ill during the term, normally you will be offered payment protection insurance and usuually you can see what it would cost you with or without on the loan scale in the paperwork when you are comparing prices.
You may notice your monthly repayments are, of course, higher when you take this out. What you may not realize is that this insurance is charged, along with the rest of you payments, with interest!
I took a loan out with Alliance and Leicester BUT went on the web and found freeinsuranceuk.com and insured with them direct for ONLY £18.25 per month. No interest, and not included with my loan and it was very easy to calculate the amount as the site does it for you.
£18.25 over 60 months is £1095 total. If I woud have done this with my loan with the same provider I calculated it to be almost double having it included within my monthly repayments .
So don't be lazy when you apply for a loan. Look at a site like freeinsuranceuk.com and compare how much you will save and you will find you will save money buy insuring seperately.
Anyone else who has cost saving ideas re this topic or has experianced similar we would like to hear from you Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ConsumerPatrol1.com Forum Index -> Tell It Like It Is! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: